For 2017 the 27th edition of the exhibition Miniartextil: a contemporary textile art exhibition is planned by the Cultural Association Arte&Arte. The theme is “borderline”, and the exhibition will be held in Como from October 7 to November 26 2017 in the ex church of San Francesco
Conditions of Participation
1) The aim of the exhibition is to highlight fiber art as a means of artistic expression.
2) The chosen theme for the 27th edition of Miniartextil is “borderline,” which literally means, on the border, that which divides and at the same time unites, what is shared in common with the other, whatever the other may be, or, what it may represent.
The concept of border reminds us of the concept of otherness, but also that of a shared identity. On one hand, humankind has been constructing useful borders from our beginning. On the other hand, the artificiality of borders, and on their potential deviation creates situations often seen in history and nowadays are easily verifiable, as in the slow and difficult processes of construction and unification of the European Union.
The word borderline is also widely used in psychiatry, indicating someone who suffers from unstable relationships and unstable emotions, resulting in instability.
3) The work must correspond to the following definition: “An original work, hand-made or whereby the technique is controlled by the artist, using textile materials or similar methods”, and must draw its inspiration from the theme.
Only one piece of artwork, two- or three-dimensional, may be submitted. The maximum dimensions of the work must be strictly 20 x 20 x 20 cm and frames are not allowed. The work must be conceived self standing with NO needs of being hung or sling to a support, and must NOT require electrical connection
4) Participation in the exhibition will be subject to the selection of the work by a jury. The jury will come together on May 29 2017.
The artists are asked a fee of 30 € (thirty euro) to cover administrative costs. For the instructions how to pay the fee see website www.miniartextil.it
The artists are asked to send the following before May 5 2017:
Completed entry form
A short updated curriculum vitae with some details concerning the techniques and the research conducted in your works, a passport-sized photograph of the artist.
3 Three high quality images of the work: two of the entire work and one of a detail. One can send high definition digital images on a CD-rom for printing purposes, and must be jpg or tif files. The picture must have a resolution of at least 1 MB. The pictures should have a neutral background with no sign on them and no name of the author. Title of work and artist’s name must be indicated in a separate file.
A copy of the receipt of the payment
UNCOMPLETED ENTRY FORM ARE NOT CONSIDERED. To select the 54 artworks, he commission will judge from the pictures received, and the same pics will be used for the catalogue’s printing, so it is recommended to send high resolution and quality pictures.
The results of the selection will be made known on May 29 2017. Works that do not conform to the conditions specified will not be accepted. The decision of the jury is final.
5) The deadline for the mailing of selected works is June 30 2017 (as attested by the post-mark). The organization Arte & Arte will not pay customs duties. artists are advised to send their work as a “Textile sample-not for sale; value only for custom purposes: 5 €”.
The organization is responsible for the exhibition space allocated to each work, the display, the hanging and every other aspect of exhibiting the work to the public.
Deadline for sending entry form and CD and payment: May 5, 2017
Results of the selection by: May 29, 2017
Selected works should be sent: within June 2017
Opening of the exhibition: October 7, 2017
Closing of the exhibition: 2017 November 26 2017
Shortened information from the organizer. For complete information see www.miniartextil.it